Hi, I'm New Here...
Hi, I'm Alex and I'm new here, to the fabulous online world of blogging. It has taken me a long time to get to this place and I'm all the nervous/excited emojis you can think of!
It has been 8 years since we packed up our truck and moved 12 hours away from "home" (Chilliwack, BC) to Edmonton. And it has been almost that long that I've wanted to start a blog. Better late than never, right?! This online community can be such a beautiful way to connect, especially if you're a mama like me, living in a log cabin, 100's/ 1,000's of kilometres away from loved ones.
You'll see a lot of these precious people on the blog but its me (Alex) that you'll be hearing from. I grew up in Texas and it will always feel like "home" for me. Some of my favourite memories, and people, are there. Now, we live in the country, just outside of Edmonton, Alberta, and we truly love it here! I'm a converted country girl who has developed an unhealthy love of plaid and, if you ever drop by my house, its probably what you'll find me in. I love creating a cozy home, watching Netflix in bed, frozen mangoes, and anything Chip and Joanna Gaines touch.
- Aug 23, 2019 Why I Read Inspirational Fiction - AKA Christian Romance Novels Aug 23, 2019
- Aug 22, 2019 Good Habits & Charlotte Mason Aug 22, 2019
- Aug 14, 2019 Welcome to the Kolkman Cabin Aug 14, 2019
- Aug 12, 2019 More Than Words Can Say - Karen Witemeyer Aug 12, 2019
- Aug 5, 2019 Podcasts Favourites - Homemaking Foundations Aug 5, 2019
- July 2019
- Jun 29, 2019 Favourite Music Finds [June] Jun 29, 2019
- May 31, 2019 What It’s Really Like To Take A Long Road Trip With Young Kids May 31, 2019
- May 27, 2019 Favourite Music Finds [May] May 27, 2019
- March 2019
- December 2018
- Sep 6, 2018 Blueberry Picking in Chilliwack Sep 6, 2018
- August 2018
- May 5, 2018 This is 4!! May 5, 2018
- February 2018